Safety Council of Southwest Louisiana
At a Glance
Who We Are
Welcome to the Safety Council of Southwest Louisiana
The Safety Council has expanded over the years to become a comprehensive educational and training resource for our community, serving as an innovative model for other councils around the country. From site specific plant safety orientations and customized badge security systems, the Safety Council of Southwest Louisiana is committed to meeting the safety and training needs of our members and the community we serve.
- Workforce development is essential to our region
Provide exceptional value-based safety training for the needs of Southwest Louisiana
- Create a professional, friendly environment that delivers outstanding customer service
- Enrich the community through programs that promote a culture of safety
The Safety Council of Southwest Louisiana is a catalyst for employers and workers, and its mission is to support, develop, and enrich all forms of training as a way of making the workplace a more secure environment.
Improve safety and surety within the communities we serve.
Boards & Committees
- Chairman: Mark Rhoads, HSSE Director, Cameron LNG
- Vice Chairman: Mark Hanudel, Owner & President, R&H Quality Refractory Services, Inc.
- Financial Officer: Dr. Mitch Adrian, Professor & Special Advisor to the President; McNeese State University
- At-Large: Julie Morris, EHS Manager Grace
- Dr. Neil Aspinall: Chancellor; SOWELA Technical Community College
- Mark Hanudel, Owner & President, R&H Quality Refractory Services, Inc.
- Doug Landry, Owner/Partner, Howell Industries
- Armando Lara, Site Manager LyondellBasell-LIP JV
- Julie Morris, EHS Manager Grace
- Jim Rock, Executive Director, LAIA
- Mark Jester, Manager of HSSE, CITGO
- Gina Jones, Senior Manager, Learning & Development, Sasol
- Mark Rhoads, HSSE Director, Cameron LNG
- Kristin Ned, HR Manager, Lotte Chemical
- Dr. Mitch Adrian, Professor & Special Advisor to the President; McNeese State University
- Keith Perkins: Procurement Manager; Westlake
- Larry DeRoussel: Board Member Emeritus