Welcome to the Safety Council of Southwest Louisiana
The Safety Council of Southwest Louisiana is a non-profit 501(c) 3 organization dedicated to cost-effective services for our local community and business sector. We have served the Southwest Louisiana area since 1955.
The Safety Council has expanded over the years to become a comprehensive educational and training resource for our community, serving as an innovative model for other councils around the country. From site specific plant safety orientations and customized badge security systems, the Safety Council of Southwest Louisiana is committed to meeting the safety and training needs of our members and the community we serve.
- Workforce development is essential to our region
- Provide exceptional value-based safety training for the needs of Southwest Louisiana
- Create a professional, friendly environment that delivers outstanding customer service
- Enrich the community through programs that promote a culture of safety
The Safety Council of Southwest Louisiana is a catalyst for employers and workers, and its mission is to support, develop, and enrich all forms of training as a way of making the workplace a more secure environment.
Improve safety and surety within the communities we serve.
Boards & Committees
- President: Larry DeRoussel
- Vice President: Dane Bolin
- Immediate Past President: Steve Trahan
- Finance: Dr. Shannon Lafargue
- Dr. Neil Aspinwall, Chancellor, SOWELA Technical Community College
- Dane Bolin, Assistant Administrator, Calcasieu Parish Police Jury
- Larry DeRoussel, Executive Director, Lake Area Industry Alliance (LAIA)
- Dr. Tim Hall, Dean, mcNeese State University
- Mark Hanudel, President, R&H Quality Refractory Services, Inc.
- Dr. Shannon LaFargue, Chief Academic Officer, CPSB
- Bryan Taylor, Administrative Manager, Louisiana Pigment Co
- Steve Trahan, Manager of Health & Safety, Cameron LNG
- Judge Robert Wyatt, Judge, 14th Judicial Court
- Jim Rock, Plant Manager, Lotte
- Jake Courville, Plant Manager, Entergy Louisiana