Welcome to the Safety Council of Southwest Louisiana
The Safety Council of Southwest Louisiana is a non-profit 501(c) 3 organization dedicated to cost-effective services for our local community and business sector. We have served the Southwest Louisiana area since 1955.
Originally, the Council was a chapter of the National Safety Council. Today we are charter members of the American Association of Safety Councils (AASC) and the Association of Reciprocal Safety Councils (ARSC), formed in 1992 at the request of local industry to support growth. We began providing orientation and training for local area contractor employees with the prime objective of containing costs and providing quality programs. Since then, the ARSC has grown to include over 25 councils across the United States and continues to expand the training base and training programs to serve our industry with millions of dollars of savings each year.
Overall, the council provides business services in many areas along with a strong community service program aimed at providing guidance for business, home, school, and public safety. Our services are quality driven, cost effective and are always provided by trained professionals.
Our mission is to provide ongoing service to our community by offering health and safety information, training services, cost-effective industrial health, and safety training programs, support to our courts and law enforcement agencies for management of court-mandated training and community service programs, while recognizing that service to our customers is our purpose and continuous improvement in how we provide that service is key to our success.
Boards & Committees
- President: Steve Trahan
- Vice President: Larry DeRoussel
- Immediate Past President: Joe Andrepont
- Treasurer: Dane Bolin
- Secretary: Judge Robert Wyatt
- At Large: Greg Satterfield
- Joe Andrepont, Senior Community Affairs Representative, Westlake Chemical
- Dr. Neil Aspinwall, Chancellor, SOWELA Technical Community College
- Dane Bolin, Assistant Administrator, Calcasieu Parish Police Jury
- Richard Brink, Vice President, Sasol North America
- Larry DeRoussel, Executive Director, Lake Area Industry Alliance (LAIA)
- Ray Hill, Lake Charles HSSE Manager, Citgo Petroleum Corp
- Lisa McMullen, Owner/CPA, McMullen & Mancuso
- Greg Satterfield, Plant Safety Engineer, Basell, USA
- Bryan Taylor, Administrative Manager, Louisiana Pigment Co
- Steve Trahan, Manager of Health & Safety, Cameron LNG
- Judge Robert Wyatt, Judge, 14th Judicial Court